My Super Awesome Genius Hour

This year, I did a project that was different from the rest. In this project, I was free to choose to research about anything I wanted and spend class time working on it. Was I interested in this type of project? Obviously! I was never bored as I read through all the different websites (though that’s partially because I like reading…). This project is called Genius Hour. For my Genius Hour, I researched the art of criminal profiling. I chose this because over the summer I became obsessed with THE greatest criminal TV show ever. It’s called Criminal Minds and it combines psychology and criminal investigation (two of my favorite subjects) into a beautiful result called criminal profiling. During my research, I learned about the process of making a criminal profile. You can see what I’m talking about  if you check  out my presentation at the end of the post :).

Based on my effort and learning, I would give myself a B+ or an A- because I spent most of my research translating my information into a format that I could easily present to my class. I also took a lot of time trying to understand the information and personally created all the examples I used in my presentation, which I am very proud of.

This presentation mostly helped myself and anyone else in my class that liked Criminal Minds (there were at least two people!) or was interested in the topic. For those who were interested in psychology, I think my presentation helped everyone think differently of the field since I focused on its relationship with criminal investigation. I think most people don’t automatically link psychology and criminal investigation together and I was happy to shine a light on the that. For those who just like Criminal Minds, I think my presentation helped them better understand what the profilers were doing.

For my next Genius Hour subject, I have one rule: I will not do a continuation of the subject criminal profiling. There’s a chance that I’ll do something related to either psychology or criminal justice, but right now I don’t feel like continuing that topic. In terms of how I presented the project, next time I will try to have less words on the slide or I will present with a different format. Finally, there’s one last question: what are three possible topics I could research for my next Genius Hour? Well, I may like to compare Android vs. Apple, research a specific animal, or delve into another subcategory of psychology. I can’t wait to see which topic I choose. Bye!
My Super Awesome Genius Hour Presentation Link:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/15xg8z9n_J7Q70Vdte-jFKA3GR5QvnkUNoSaivbjnuCI/edit?safe=active